68% of the country does not want Obamacare.
Now, there are only 13 days left to DEFUND it!
Please contact your Illinois U.S. Representatives!
The Illinois Tea Party has discussed in great detail why we must DEFUND Obamacare in the coming Continuing Resolution on September 30, 2013. There are now only 13 days left to do so. In Illinois, only one U.S. Rep. – Rep. Randy Hultgren signed on to the original legislation HR2682 – the ‘Defund Obamacare Act of 2013″, proposed by Rep. Tom Graves back on July 11, 2013.
There is a now a new bill that we need all of our Illinois U.S. Republican Reps to cosponsor. As of today, none have agreed to do so, even though 70 Republican Congressmen have.
That bill is H.J.Res.62 – the “Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013” also proposed by Rep. Tom Graves on September 12, 2013. This bill fully funds the normal functions of government – Social Security, Military, Agriculture, Commerce, Justice, Science etc. for the next fiscal year with the following clause added at the end.
- “Sec. 114. (a) Limitation on Funding the Affordable Care Act- Notwithstanding any other provision of law-
- (1) none of the funds made available by this joint resolution or any other Act may be used to carry out Public Law 111-148 or title I or subtitle B of title II of Public Law 111-152 (including any amendment made by such Act, title, or subtitle, respectively) during any fiscal year;
- (2) any funds provided by such Act, title, or subtitle for fiscal year 2014 are rescinded; and
- (3) any funds so provided for fiscal year 2015 shall not be available for obligation until January 1, 2015.
- (b) Delay in Implementation of the Affordable Care Act- No provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148) or title I and subtitle B of title II of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Public Law 111-152), or of the amendments made by either such Act, shall have effect until December 31, 2014.”
We must contact each and every one of our Illinois U.S. Republican Representatives and our Illinois Republican Senator Mark Kirk at their D.C. offices, their local offices, their Facebook pages and on Twitter and respectfully request that they support Tom Grave’s HJRes62.
Below is each U.S. Congressional Reps contact information and Senator Mark Kirk’s contact information.
Senator Mark Kirk needs to sign on to Senator Mike Lee’s pledge to defund Obamacare and agree to cosponsor S.1292. which is Senator Ted Cruz’s amendment to defund Obamacare. As of today, 31 other U.S. Senators now have.