C. Steven Tucker –
The Illinois Tea Party has discussed in great detail why we must DEFUND Obamacare in the coming Continuing Resolution on September 30, 2013. There are now only 13 days left to do so. In Illinois, only one U.S. Rep. – Rep. Randy Hultgren signed on to the original legislation H.R.2682 – the “Defund Obamacare Act of 2013″ proposed by Rep. Tom Graves back on 7/11/2013.
However, there is a now a new bill that we need all of our Illinois U.S. Republican Reps to cosponsor. As of September 18th only Rep. Randy Hultgren has agreed to do so. That bill is H.J.Res.62 – the “Stability, Security, and Fairness Resolution of 2013” also proposed by Rep. Tom Graves on September 12, 2013. This bill fully funds the normal functions of government – Social Security, Military, Agriculture, Commerce, Justice, Science etc. for the next fiscal year with the following clause added at the end
- “Sec. 114. (a) Limitation on Funding the Affordable Care Act- Notwithstanding any other provision of law–
- (1) none of the funds made available by this joint resolution or any other Act may be used to carry out Public Law 111-148 or title I or subtitle B of title II of Public Law 111-152 (including any amendment made by such Act, title, or subtitle, respectively) during any fiscal year;
- (2) any funds provided by such Act, title, or subtitle for fiscal year 2014 are rescinded; and
- (3) any funds so provided for fiscal year 2015 shall not be available for obligation until January 1, 2015.
- (b) Delay in Implementation of the Affordable Care Act- No provision of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law 111-148) or title I and subtitle B of title II of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (Public Law 111-152), or of the amendments made by either such Act, shall have effect until December 31, 2014.”
September 18, 2013 UPDATE: This is the new Continuing Resolution that Speaker Boehner is passing over to the Senate. Below is the text of H.J. Res. 59, the Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2014, and the text of the Scalise amendment which defunds Obamacare and also includes the text of the Full Faith and Credit Act which prioritizes debt held by the public in the event of a lapse in borrowing authority, are both online on the Rules Committee website.http://rules.house.gov/bill/113/hj-res-59 I have been told that Congressman Peter Roskam will support this Continuing Resolution.
We must now contact every one of our Illinois U.S. Republican Representatives who have not agreed to cosponsor either HJRes62 or Speaker Boehner’s HJRes59 and our Illinois Republican Senator Mark Kirk. Please contact them at their D.C. offices, their local offices, their Facebook pages and on Twitter and respectfully request that they support either Tom Grave’s HJRes62 or Speaker Boehner’sHJRes59. Below is each U.S. Congressional Reps contact information and Senator Mark Kirk’s contact info.
Senator Mark Kirk needs to sign on to Senator Mike Lee’s pledge to defund Obamacare and agree to cosponsor S.1292. which is Senator Ted Cruz’s amendment to defund Obamacare. As of today, 31 other U.S. Senators now have.
Please remember that with the exemption of Rep Shimkus and Rep Davis every one of our other Illinois U.S. Reps have been funding Obamacare in every other Continuing Resolution and debt ceiling deal since their first chance to do fund it on March 15, 2011 with the passage of HJRes48. Their excuses for doing so are now no longer valid. President Obama was reelected and U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts did allow the legislation to move forward by illegally rewriting the definition of the “Individual Mandate’. Roberts literally rewrote the ‘fine’ for not purchasing a “Qualified Health Plan” and labeled it as a ‘tax’. He then then stated Congress has the power to tax.
Below is a graphic showing each specific vote where Reps Roskam, Hultgren, Schock & Kinzinger have voted to continue funding Obamacare. Now is the time for them to finally take a stand and reflect the will of the vast majority of their constituents. Now is the time to DEFUND Obamacare.
1.) Big Government has now been ‘waived’ from paying the full price of their Obamacare health plans as the original legislation stated they must.
2.) Big Business has now received a one year reprieve from paying the ‘Pay or Play’ penalty of $2,000 or $3,000 for each full time employee.
3.) Big Labor is now calling for repeal of Obamacare unless their existing waiver is made permanent.
Now is time for our waiver. We The People. You know, those who are going topay for all of this.